Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Frankenstein (10)

"Oh, Frankenstein!  generous and self-devoted being!  what does it avail that I now ask thee to pardon me?"  (pg. 163)

Really! Now the creature is sorry for actions. I'm not really sure if I believe that he is sorry. He did not try to apologize or ask for forgiveness until Victor died. I think if he was truely sorry he would have stopped killing people and asks for forgiveness sooner. The creature tells Walton that envy and jealously were the reasons for his actions. Even though that part of his explanation may be true, I do not believe that he was truely sorry for his actions. I think that he no longer had a purpose or reason for killing when Victor died because he only killed people Victor loved and ther was no one left to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment