Friday, August 12, 2011

NLMG: Flashbacks

"It must have been a Friday or a weekend, because I remember we had on our own clothes. I don't remember exactly what Tommy was wearing-probably one of the raggy football shirts he wore even when the weather was chilly-but I definitely had on the maroon track suit top that zipped up the front, which I'd got at a Sale in Senior 1." pg.25-26

So far, this novel has been full of flashbacks. The story is told by a young woman remembering her life growing up. Most of the novel consists of Kathy talking about her past through a series of flashbacks. The way this novel is written kind of reminds me of a novel we had to read last summer for AP Lang. The novel was called A Separate Peice. It was written in the same format as Never Let Me Go, where an adult tells the story of his or her childhood through a series of flashbacks. I think it is a very effective style if writing and that is why authors use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment