Friday, August 12, 2011

NLMG: memories that last a lifetime

"I was talking to one of my donors a few days ago who was complaining about how memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don't go along with that. The memories I value most, I don't see them ever fading. I lost Ruth, then I lost Tommy, but I won't lose my memories of them." pg.286

It is sad to think that most donors don't remember their most precious memories. I think the loss of memory probably had to do with donations. As the donors' bodies grew weaker after each donation, I imagine their memories grew weaker as well. Kathy does not think her memories will ever fade. But I think they will when she starts donating. She seems to have a great memory, but she has not had any donations yet. I hope none of her memories fade but I think they will because even Tommy and Ruth forgot things about their pasts. Kathy seems to have a very strong memory so maybe she will retain everything until the very end. I, however, will not retain everything; I already forgot what the other book I read was about.

1 comment: