Friday, August 12, 2011

NLMG: Predestined

"Your lives are set out for you. You'll become adults, then before you're old, before you're even middle-aged, you'll start to donate your vital organs. That's what each of you was created to do." pg. 81

What kind of place is Hailsham? How are the students lives already set for them? I know the guardians keep saying that the students are special, but I don't understand why. I also don't understand donations. Why do the students have to donate their vital organs? And why do their parents allow this to take place? What does Miss Lucy mean when she said that's what the students were created to do? I do not like that the students cannot choose to do what they will with their lives. If someone told me my life was already set for me, I would do everything I could to live the life I want. I don't care if I was told I was special and I have a purpose to fulfill; I would live my life as I pleased. People are born with free will and I don't think that should be taken away by choosng someone's life for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment