Friday, August 12, 2011

NLMG: Why is Madame afraid of the students?

"And I can still see it now, the shudder she seemed to be suppressing, the real dread that one of us would accidentally brush against her....Ruth had been right: Madame was afraid of us. But she was afraid of us in the same way someone might be afraid of spiders." pg. 35

Thus far, I have found this book to be quite interesting. It is very different from what I usually read. It is rather strange, but it is also interesting enought to hold my attention. I feel like everytime I read part of the book something weird happens. For example, when the children surprise Madame as she leaves the school, the children can tell she is genuinely scared of them. But why is she afraid of the students? Does Madame have a good reason for being afaid of the students? I want to know why she is afaid of them. After all they are just children, what's there to be scared of? I think it has something to do with what "they were created for" that was mentioned earlier in the story and the fact that they are "special." As I continue reading I will be looking for a reason to explain why Madame was afaid of the students because this particular incident really caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment